FOOTBALL CLUB 1874-76
Ardrossan Football Club's first match was
on 13 September 1874. The venue was Clutha Park,
a field between Glasgow Street and Paisley Street, now the site of the houses
shown below in Young Street.
There were several reports of Ardrossan
Football Club's matches in the Ardrossan and Saltcoats Herald till 15 April 1876.
In 1877, there was no mention of football in Ardrossan in the Herald suggesting
that Ardrossan Football Club existed only between September 1874 and April 1876.
In August 1889, Ardrossan Ensign Football
Club changed its name to become the second Ardrossan Football Club.